Pages

Monday, March 21, 2011

Spring break filled with hands on activities

We took some time off last week to take kids to San Antonio for a mini-vacation. Our trip started with Thursday night at my sister-n-law’s house where she greeted us with a homemade dinner.  That was such a treat as I did not have to cook!  We headed out the next day to San Antonio Children’s Museum where kids just had a blast! I love that my kids are into museums and doing arts and crafts.  That brings such a joy to my heart as we must be leading towards things they can learn for themselves and not just all the technology options out there.  After lunch we checked into The Westin La Cantera where we were staying the night.  At our surprise they had things lined out for the kids to do such as more arts and crafts, magic show and movie outside at sunset.  Kids did all that and swam the next day too where they were just so happy.  Do not get me wrong we came on this trip with my brand new iPad 2 and watched some boring fishing show while all cuddle in bed together. However I think that conscience effort we are making in cutting down on TV and media so that they kids can learn is obvious.  During the outdoor movie my kids were more interested in this tree that was great for climbing and sitting on.  I came home with more purpose in seeing my kids develop their minds through activities that promote critical thinking and not being told what to think.

No comments:

Post a Comment