Tinted moisturizer combines the benefits of skin care and a light foundation for a natural, luminous complexion. These moisturizers add a slight tint to match your skin tone, giving you a natural un-made up look. A lot of tinted moisturizers also come with added SPF to protect your skin from sun damage, something that is not found in most foundations.
In the search for tinted moisturizer we can find an excellent one from Rae Cosmetics from right here in Austin. Rae is a fresh and versatile cosmetics line specifically created for everyday use, during exercise or for those that simply lead a busy lifestyle. Rochelle Rae is CEO and creator of Rae Cosmetics formulated a product that is perfect for our hot and humid Texas weather. In a recent interview she said, “It is for any woman that sweats from a Pilates workout or just being in Texas”.
In achieving this natural fresh look we suggest Rae Cosmetics Climate Control Mineral Tint - SPF 20. With ingredients like titanium dioxide and zinc oxide, it’s naturally water resistant and a natural, chemical free sunscreen. Ginkgo biloba, chamomile and vitamins A, C and E protect, moisturize and heal even the most sensitive skin, while evening skin tones and masking imperfections.
How to apply Rae Cosmetics Climate Control Mineral Tint - SPF 20:
- When applying any type of makeup, it is always best to start with a clean face. Cleanse the face and neck area, thoroughly dry the skin with a towel before applying makeup.
- Dot a small amount of Surface Primer - SPF 20 to protect the skin, while evening out skin tones, visibly diminishing imperfections and the appearance of fine lines and large pores. In applying this primer you extend the wear of makeup along with building anti-oxidants, Vitamins A, C and D.
- Dab Climate Control Mineral Tint - SPF 20 over any blemishes or red spots first. This will help to create a more even skin tone. Blend Climate Control Mineral Tint - SPF 20 into the skin working from the center of the face outward using a foam wedge. You can use your fingers if you do not have a foam wedge.
- Complete the look by blending the moisturizer along the hairline and neckline. This creates a more natural look and avoids the fake look rather than the natural fresh face we are going for.
For a final touch:
- Dab Rae Cosmetics Concealer to camouflage imperfections and alleviate the appearance of dark circles, blemishes and imperfections.
- Lightly dusting some powder helps to set the moisturizer and eliminates shiny or oily spots on the skin.
What are the advantages and disadvantages of tinted moisturizer?
- Light coverage, not a heavy look
- Most provide SPF protection
- Provides a moisturizer and cosmetic in one application
- Easy and quick to apply
- Most last all day
- Available in varying shades to match every skin tone
- 2 products in 1 is less expensive
Achieving this look attainable and tangible with the ease that a tinted moisturizer brings that does not require gobs of time in front of the mirror in the morning or later in the day. There are few of us who want to venture out completely bare-faced, especially when we are often running from the gym to meetings, errands, school events – the list goes on.