Wednesday how- to for dummies: Spring 2011 Vibrant Eyes
For spring, the eyes most definitely have it as skin is natural with nude lips. This fashionably daring burst of colors is showing up in shadows and liners for spring 2011 season. The popular green peacock inspired look that Rihanna has been trying with different shades of green can be easy for you too.
As trends come and go you do not want to necessarily invest large amounts of money so we went to Walmart here in Austin and found shades from Covergirl that you can purchase without breaking the bank to achieve this spring’s eye makeup.
Here are the items that you will need:
- Cover Girl Eye Enhancers in Turquoise Tempest
- Cover Girl Eye Enhancers 4-Kit Shadows in Blossoms
How to apply:
- Start by blending an iridescent purple shadow around the lashes, using a brush to lightly dust the shade all the way up to the brows.
- Then apply a shimmery teal green along the inner corners. If you have fair skin, just take the colors to the creases so it’s not overwhelming.
- Finish the look with a nude lipstick; you don’t need any other strong shades on your face.
Tip for Long Lasting Eye Makeup:
- Don’t let your eye shadow streak or fade in the summer heat!
- To help eye shadow last all day, use a primer to make any shadow or liner water and sweat resistant.
- After all eye makeup is in place, including mascara, close eyes and dust lightly a loose powder to set color.
A peacock’s vibrant feathers are designed to be mesmerizing—and so is the effect their bold colors have on your eyes. No more boredom in makeup! Give it try and be confident as we learn to enhance our eyes with color this spring.