Pages

Monday, January 28, 2013

Friendship is powerful

But not finding any way to bring him in because of the crowd, they went up on the roof and let him down through the tiles with his stretcher, into the middle of the crowd, in front of Jesus.

Luke 5:19

I love how the stories in Bible can still come to life despite hearing them for so many years.  I have heard this story many times but I grasped in my heart the importance of friendship.  I love how we do not compartmentalize our friendships based on church, family and/or work.  But despite all being busy and all over the place we strive to live life together.

I really could say much more to this but right now I am simply thankful for the image of friendship in this story.  As a friend I cannot wait to have the opportunity to knock down some tiles and help my friends get in front of Jesus for their miracle! I cannot wait to say, "I know that Jesus has the answer for you and we will not give up!" Many times we search for friendship to hang out or talk with but friendship is so much more.

I cannot take lightly the difference my friendship can make.  I cannot take lightly the friendships around me as they can make a diference in my life!  This is what life is about. I am thankful for my friends and the meaning they bring to my life.  Like I stated I am thankful that despite the business we have found friends that include us.  Friends that we include into our lives.

Friendship is powerful...it is God given!

No comments:

Post a Comment