Pages

Friday, April 8, 2011

Five Minute Friday: If you met me

From  Gypsy Mama's blog with who I am linking up or should say trying something new.

  • Got five minutes? Let’s write. Let’s write in shades of real and true and unscripted.
    • Let’s just write and not worry if it’s just right or not.

    • Write for 5 minutes flat for pure unedited love of the written word. 


    Go

    If you met me I would hope that is in the right setting so that we can take some time to get past the greetings.  I am quiet and reserved at first however I can come across a bit more outgoing as I just pull it out from within.   If you met me you would be meeting me as a whole and not just a part and save later.  I am warm person who really just like to make friends with whom to share this life that I love. In me being whole I would definitely tell you about my husband and our three kiddos who are under the age of 5.  This is always a great ice breaker because it seems to loosen up the conversation as I do not look like I am married yet alone have three kids.  From here I would also ask questions and try to get to know you as I like to connect with the person I am speaking with.  One way or another you hear me say something like "I read that book before it was on the big screen" or you might hear me say "I like to organizer", "I like to blog". At times though if there is no connection then I tend to go back into my shell.  I know that we are connecting already so I would invite you to either another get together or I would just make up a reason for us hang out.  I enjoy hanging out and talking. I enjoy laughing and interacting with friends.  In meeting me you would know that I am genuinely interested in others, that I like to learn and glean from those around me and to just share and be there for my friends.  For me it is true, I just want to have friends and to be a friend.

    Stop 

    That was fun, to write unscripted and honestly about myself.  The next time I meet a new friend I will have this in the back of my mind tugging at my heart to really ensure that the person leaves knowing me.

    3 comments:

    1. I love how simply and beautifully you express this: "I just want to have friends and be a friend." This is the cry of my heart, too.

      ReplyDelete
    2. Stopping by from Gypsy Mama :) I loved what you wrote "In meeting me you would know that I am genuinely interested in others, that I like to learn and glean from those around me and to just share and be there for my friends."
      ME TOO!! this is a beautiful post and I can so much of your heart, I think we would get a long well!

      ReplyDelete
    3. I am glad to know others that feel the same way! I believe in friendships as they bring so much color into our lives...you can never have too many. I look forward to this new friendship.

      ReplyDelete