Pages

Monday, August 6, 2012

Trusting Mother


Being a mother has stretched me into corners I have never been in.  I really never thought of what kind of mom I would be or not be.  Other then saying, “If I have kids I would like 2 boys” I really did not daydream of having kids. The last couple of weeks I have felt myself residing on the edge again.  I am ready for kids to be in school so we can have a routine.  However I want to end the summer on a high note and not falling off the edge. 

Usually it is when I am feeling out of control that I get intense and feel like I cannot handle anymore.  The constant repeating myself, the constant telling kids to hurry or the constant picking up seems to be my kryptonite.  Loosing control and not trusting brings frustration.  God asks us to trust Him and to allow His control to take over.  How does this apply with me being a mom?  

Where there is love there is no fear, perfect love casts out fear, I John 4:18.  When we give up control in any area of our life fear can settle in allowing frustration to make itself at home.  Yes, even when we want the kids to pick up their toys the first time we are at control.  It is like when we want ‘more patience’ we should actually slow ourselves down so we can walk in patience. So allowing ourselves to give over control we can actually find it in trusting God.  I like what Joyce Meyer writes on this, “Instead of trying to control, I needed to learn to trust God, pray, and believe in Him. Most of all, I needed to abide in His love".

I honestly believe that love conquers all. And as whimsical it may sound I believe that love will conquer my desire for control over a clean spotless house.  Not sure if I even make sense in what I am trying to say other then I need allow love to take control, allow love to cast out all fear that comes from my own frustrations.  Being a mother is tough but being a mom is all about love.   I must and do trust that God gave me three wonderful kids because He trusted me with them! If anything this post just reminds me of the following scripture:

Trust God from the bottom of your heart;
   don't try to figure out everything on your own.
Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go;
   he's the one who will keep you on track.
Don't assume that you know it all.
   Run to God!
Proverbs 3:5-6 (MSG)

Amen! I am encouraged to turn my control into God’s hands and I pray that you too are encouraged that Love Conquers All!

No comments:

Post a Comment