Pages

Monday, August 20, 2012

Math Journey

Back in high school I was not afraid of math! I enjoyed algebra and was pretty good at it. I also enjoyed geometry and did very well but I have to say that I had a fantastic teacher. I am currently working on finishing my degree and must take a math course.

Up until now there really has not been a class that scares me.  During the first week of each semester I do get nervous and have to convince myself that I am doing the right thing. The feeling that I am getting my belly is not the same.  But why I am scared of math, something that I felt so comfortable with? I do not know....

I must and will face math in the eye and do my best.  Maybe I am feeling that my best is not the same from when I was a teenager. Maybe I have put this 'I love math' attitude on myself that know I have to admit that I do not.  Maybe I am just being silly.
I can do this! I can do this! I can do this! I can do anything in Christ! I have accomplished much that was purely reliant on the strength of God.  So yes, if I can do then with Christ, then I can do math!  Sometimes a little pep talk for oneself is all we need.



Now I must log in into blackboard and start this 16 week journey......

No comments:

Post a Comment