Pages

Monday, December 13, 2010

My Certified Organic Soapbox

Why is it that good natural or organic food (grown without the use of pesticides, synthetic fertilizers, sewage sludge, genetically modified) has to be labeled certified? What do I mean by this question really? I mean why are we at a point that we have to have standards and labels for natural, organic food? Shouldn’t everything be natural and organic? Shouldn’t we be labeling those food products that are pretty much pieced together with some food and processed items? If there was such a big campaign on how cigarettes were unhealthy and caused damage what about processed food! I just cannot believe how we have been fooled to think processed food is good to eat, how we can just give that to our children and expect them to grow strong! More than anything I have been appalled  with this as I have 3 little kids and the thought of them eating anything with some kind of petroleum form that is processed into food so that we can buy cheaper stirs me. I am no expert on this trust me therefore that is why I say this is my opinion, my soapbox. What I can say is that you can soo taste the difference in food when it is the way God intended for us to grow it!

No comments:

Post a Comment