Pages

Friday, March 23, 2012

The Donut Man

I introduced the Donut Man to the kids this week....this brought sweet memories of my last couple of years living with all my siblings.  My mom would always have the Donut Man tapes, yes I said tapes, playing in the mini-van for my younger siblings to enjoy.  Driving the family with the Donut Man as our soundtrack for the afternoon I found myself singing to the songs just like my mom did! ( the words 'I have become my mother' flashed through my mind)

In that moment I was touched with the simple yet truthful lyrics....lyrics that I believe my mom understood so many years ago with hope that it would sink into her kids heart too.

chorus
Life without Jesus,
Is like a donut,
Like a donut,
Like a donut.
Life without Jesus is like a donut,
Coz there's a hole in the middle of my heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment