Pages

Monday, January 30, 2012

Family 5K


Or didn't you realize that your body is a sacred place, the place of the Holy Spirit? Don't you see that you can't live however you please, squandering what God paid such a high price for?  God owns the whole works. So let people see God in and through your body.  I Corinthians 6:19
This past Saturday our family participated in ONEchapel's first annual “Run for the ONE” 5K “fun run” at Town Lake. The focus on this first run was getting together to highlight exercise, fitness, determination and fun.  It began with my husband wanting to run the 5K while the kids and I cheered on the sidelines.  Along with cheering on my husband, my parents, my brother and sisters participated so this was a full family event.

Once we got there though the kids wanted to participate.  To see all the other runners inspired us to go for it and walk the course.  I have to say how proud I am of the kids!  They got to experience first hand pushing through and finishing. They were tired half way and complained but there was no other choice to finish.  As they saw the finish they gained some energy to make it to the end in high spirits.  As we stayed we cheered those that were coming from the half marathon to the finish line which was another great lesson for them to experience.

So in our continuous effort of eating healthy we have bumped it up a level to include many more 5Ks in our future!

No comments:

Post a Comment