Pages

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

What's on the menu?

What's on the menu is an order of my morning prayer with the kids.  As I find myself home once again I picked up the custom I had before (before as in when I was a stay at home mom the first time) of praying out loud in front of the kids.  Praying out loud started for me because I would get frustrated with the day in and day outs of a 9 month old, a 1 year old and an almost 3 year old.  I needed the release and the peace that trusting in prayer brought me.  Praying out loud worked every time to settle me, calm me or bring me an idea in how to approach the needs being required of me.

As many parents know a house with young kids can tousle a mom's hair, to say the least.  So not only did I need the prayer but the kids as well.  Kids pick up our habits, they pick up how we deal with situations, kids pick up everything from us.  In knowing and acknowledging the astute minds of my kids I knew this time around it would be important for them to participate with me. I combined a confession we say to them at night with a simple prayer that we repeat at breakfast. They know this prayer now so when I say 'guys it is time to pray for our day' they chant with me....ok not chant but engage.
Not only is this a prayer but it is a declaration of what we want the Yanez family to represent.  In writing this down we are setting a vision before us and reminding us (me mainly at times) that we are a family of love,peace and joy....not only for us but for all those around us. 





No comments:

Post a Comment