Pages

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Lipgloss Love

As soon as I opened this cute Pottery Barn baby back pack I was greeted with 3 simple items that I have been looking for.  I know right away it was Delisa who placed them there not just because it is her toy but its her trademark. For some reason I felt compelled to blog about this even though there really is no meaning to it.
She loves to 'stuff' things into her purses, bags or containers.  She stores them, hides them, keeps them safe.  If it is small and interesting then she will tuck it away.  We find her mannerisms interesting at times as they are a bit out there, creative. She makes me shake my head all the time with with her sayings and actions.  She is very bright and strong willed and I do not want to damper these characteristics as she is developing. So I am left to believe that in some way her burring things in such manner mean something in her creative mind.


As I write this I think of God as He thinks of us.  You know He says that His thoughts for us are of love? I can picture Him seeing something we are doing, shaking His head and saying "I sure do love her"!

11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the LORD, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope. Jeremiah 29:11 (NKJ)

His thoughts are of peace, nothing missing - nothing broken. I am filled with peace knowing that someone, that God thinks of me with so much love. As parents we think of children with love for everything they do regardless and God thinks of us with His immense love regardless of ourselves!

Finding God's love in something simple as Delisa hiding my lipgloss shows me how REAL He is!

No comments:

Post a Comment